Terms and Conditions
We like to rent out in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust. We focus on families and families, friends or colleagues who would like to spend time together in a pleasant environment and warm atmosphere. By making a reservation, the tenant agrees to the rental conditions and house rules below. Please read them carefully before booking.
Terms and conditions
- De Drie Koningen BV is the lessor with offices at Twijnstraat 15, 8000 Bruges under company number BE0475.548.042 with the commercial name “De Drie Koningen”.
Identity of the tenant
- The tenant must be 18 years of age or older and present during the entire stay. As soon as he/she receives our confirmation email, he/she should verify that the details are correct. Any inaccuracies must be reported to the lessor by e-mail.
Method of booking
- Tenants can only book online, in particular on our own website or via OTAs (Online Travel Agencies). These ways of booking are binding. This means that as soon as a reservation is made, the Terms and Conditions are applicable. Therefore, we do not accept reservations by e-mail or telephone. In this way we avoid misunderstandings, in the interest of both parties.
- When making a reservation, a number of details are requested, such as date of arrival and departure, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address. The tenant must also provide a credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express) with which the payments are made. These cards are validated by our payment provider ‘Stripe’. In case of a rejection the tenant will be informed of this by Stripe or the relevant OTA within 24 hours. In the absence of a valid credit card, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel the reservation.
- We may refuse or cancel a booking – without giving reasons – if problems have arisen with the tenant in the past, we believe that the tenant is not using the accommodation in accordance with its function as a ‘holiday rental’ or if we believe that the the tenant cannot comply with the ‘Terms and Conditions’. We will inform the tenant of this within 48 hours after reservation.
Location and subject of the agreement
- These general terms and conditions apply to all apartments for rent in ‘De Drie Koningen’ with communal facilities and outdoor areas, which are located at Twijnstraat 13-15-17 in 8000 Bruges. After making a reservation via an OTA (Online Travel Agency) or a direct reservation via our website, the tenant will receive a confirmation email immediately after the reservation. This confirmation email clearly states the name of the reserved apartment and the corresponding address. Additional reservations such as garage, cot, etc… are also listed here.
Number of persons
- On the website, in the communication and in other descriptions of the holiday rental, ‘De Drie Koningen’ states the maximum number of people that may stay per apartment. Each apartment therefore has a maximum capacity. This maximum cannot be exceeded for safety, operating conditions and insurance reasons.
- A child under the age of three is not counted as a full person, but this must be stated in advance.
- In the event that the maximum number of guests is exceeded, the rental agreement will be deemed to be dissolved by operation of law, and access to the holiday rental will be denied immediately without any right to receive a refund.
- The rental price is always displayed by our booking engine on our website. We will confirm this price in the confirmation email.
If the tenant wishes to make/has made the booking via an OTA (Online Travel Agency), the prices for that reservation apply as indicated on the OTA.
- The rental of the apartment includes:
- Rent for the stay in the apartment for the indicated period.
- Normal consumption of water, gas and electricity.
- Made-up beds with duvets (synthetic)
- 1 set of towels per person (bath towel and hand towel)
- Weekly change of linen and towels for stays of longer than a week.
- The use of a small amount of cleaning products, soaps, detergents, toilet paper, kitchen roll, dishwashing tablets and kitchen towels
- Final cleaning
- VAT (6%)
- Tourist tax and other charges
- Reservation fee
- The (final) cleaning does not include:
- Doing the dishes
- Put the waste in a garbage bag and put it in the container in the garage.
- The rental price of the apartment also does not include the rental of a parking space in the garage (to be booked separately).
Performance on the agreement
- Payments to ‘De Drie Koningen’ are only made via the specified credit card. ‘Stripe’ hereby acts as a payment provider and only accepts credit or debit cards from Mastercard, Visa or American Express for us. Your card details are validated and stored by Stripe. They are not passed on to ‘De Drie Koningen’. Payments are made depending on the chosen cancellation policy:
- On the last day of the stay, the tenant of ‘De Drie Koningen’ will receive an overview of the bill with any additional costs incurred during the stay (extra services, garage, etc..). This is done by e-mail and includes a link to ‘Stripe’ with which the tenant can again pay the remaining amount with a credit card.
- The tenant does not have to pay a deposit.
- The tenant is liable for any breakage or damage caused to the property. The tenant must also report this as soon as possible. It is therefore also important that the tenant reports any damage or breakage to part of the property or equipment as soon as possible at the start of the stay.
- Even after leaving the apartment, ‘De Drie Koningen’ can still make assessments of damage. The holiday rental is checked after check-out and during cleaning, so that any damage, loss or breakage can be determined. The damage or loss is estimated at any reasonable amount by which such damage or loss can be repaired, including the costs of cleaning up or replacing goods belonging to the apartment.
- We reserve the right to submit an invoice to the tenant no later than 48 hours after check-out. By making the reservation, the tenant declares to agree that ‘De Drie Koningen’ can recover any amount owed via the credit card.
- In the event of a dispute, the tenant can best communicate with the landlord himself and not with any OTA. In this way things can be quickly clarified and a solution can be reached that both parties can accept. You can contact ‘De Drie Koningen’ for this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the tenant wishes to make changes to the reservation within 24 hours after the reservation, this can be done on simple request by e-mail to email@example.com.
- If the tenant wishes to make changes more than 24 hours after the reservation, the tenant must cancel the reservation according to the applicable cancellation conditions (see below) and make a new booking. The lessor cannot guarantee that this new booking or change can be made under the same conditions.
By the tenant
- If the tenant wishes to cancel the rental, the tenant can use the link sent in the confirmation email or send an email as soon as possible with the request to cancel the reservation. The date of the e-mail determines the application of the cancellation conditions.
- In the event of cancellation by the tenant, the cancellation conditions of ‘De Drie Koningen’ or, where appropriate, the cancellation conditions of the OTA apply:
- cancellations more than 60 days before arrival: no payments have been made yet and the cancellation is free of charge
- cancellations between 60 days and 14 days before arrival: a first deposit of 50% was already charged by credit card 60 days before arrival or at the time of booking. This amount will not be refunded. The remaining balance of the rental amount will be waived.
- cancellations in the last 14 days before arrival or in case of a ‘no-show’: the outstanding balance of the rent will be charged via the credit card.
- If the renter has cancellation insurance, cancellations that qualify for this insurance will be handled in accordance with your insurance conditions.
By the lessor
- In case of force majeure, both permanent and temporary, the lessor is entitled to dissolve the agreement. Force majeure includes, but is not limited to: war, insurrection, strikes, disruptions in the energy circuit or in traffic, government measures, scarcity of raw materials, natural disasters and extraordinary weather conditions, death of one of the operators or close relatives or any other circumstance as a result of which full or partial fulfillment of the agreement cannot be required of the operator in reasonableness and fairness.
- In the event of dissolution or suspension of the reservation/agreement as a result of force majeure, the lessor will proceed to: the immediate cancellation of the reservation or the termination of the rental contract. The landlord hereby refunds any previous payments made or the rent is reasonably adjusted.
- In that case, the landlord will also make all reasonable efforts that may be expected of them to find a solution for the guest. However, the guest cannot claim compensation.
Arrival and departure
- As a holiday rental, ‘De Drie Koningen’ has no or a limited physical reception. That is why a digital ‘Hospitality Desk’ is used. This ‘Hospitality Desk’ contains all necessary information and answers to frequently asked questions. Using this on a smartphone or tablet before, during and after your stay is therefore essential. The link to our Hospitality Desk will be provided in the confirmation email.
- The buildings and apartments of ‘De Drie Koningen’ are not accessible with keys, but with access codes. There is a (common) access code for the entrances to Twijnstraat 13 and 17 and a personalized code for the tenant’s apartment. Both codes will be sent to the tenant by email 7 days prior to arrival. The apartment access code is only active within the rental period.
- The tenant has access to the apartment from 1:00 pm. When booking, the tenant can specify the scheduled time of arrival mention. However, this is not binding but merely indicative of the cleaning schedule.
- The tenant must vacate the apartment at the latest by 10:00 AM.
- The rented apartment must always be left tidy after the stay. This implies:
- Clean up the house and put everything back in its place
- Empty trash cans, also in the rooms, bathrooms, toilets
- Empty the dishwasher before leaving or wash it by hand.
- The rental price includes a final cleaning from the above situation. The landlord will therefore charge costs if this final cleaning cannot be carried out in the normal way, if the following is not in order:
- Washing up: € 20.00
- Extra cleaning up garbage: € 30.00 / started hour
- Cleaning ovens: € 30.00 / started hour
- Reinstallation of technological infrastructure (TV, controllers, thermostat,…): €30.00
- Costs as a result of unnecessarily activating the fire detection: €250
- Damage and shortages of the inventory: according to purchase invoice
- After the final cleaning, the tenant must close all windows and (inner) doors, turn off the lights and turn off the heating.
- If the tenant wishes to arrive before the starting time or wants to leave the apartment later than the specified hour, we offer the possibility to drop off your luggage or store it in safety. Send us an email for more information or assistance.
Liability of the landlord
- ‘De Drie Koningen’ will do everything within its reasonable possibilities to ensure that the guest’s stay in accordance with the booking is safe and pleasant.
- ‘De Drie Koningen’ accepts no liability for:
- loss, theft, damage or injury, of whatever nature, caused to tenants of the holiday rental. The lessor cannot be held liable for accidents incurred when using the leased infrastructure.
- theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of a stay in the holiday rental.
- The tenant is aware that ‘De Drie Koningen’ only offers accommodation in which the tenant is staying temporarily and that can use the services of ‘De Drie Koningen’. If the use or the service is defective or incorrect, as a result of which you would experience hindrance or damage at a professional level, ‘De Drie Koningen’ is not liable for this.
- It may happen that work is carried out in the vicinity of the holiday home, such as during road works or construction activities. The landlord cannot accept any responsibility for any noise nuisance.
- The rented accommodation must be occupied by the tenant, his co-tenants or his visitors with the required care, with due observance of the tranquility of the environment. That is why house rules have been drawn up that are an integral part of these General Terms and Conditions.
- Read the House rules .
- ‘De Drie Koningen’ processes personal data in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the freedom of traffic of that data.
- ‘De Drie Koningen’ collects and processes the personal data of the tenant (surname, first name, address and contact details, e-mail address), for marketing purposes, statistical analysis, for customer management (including administration, invoicing, sending newsletters) and to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
- The tenant gives permission for this processing and also agrees to receive newsletters, commercial messages and electronic correspondence from ‘De Drie Koningen’.
- ‘De Drie Koningen’ processes the personal data on the basis of Article 6.1 (a) (as the guest has given his explicit consent to the processing by signing these Terms and Conditions) and article 6.1 (b) (as the processing will sometimes be necessary for the legitimate interest of conducting business).
- Insofar as the processing of personal data only takes place on the basis of Article 6.1 (a) (consent), the tenant always has the right to withdraw the given permission.
- The tenant can at all times inspect his/her personal data and have them corrected if they are incorrect or incomplete. You can also – under certain conditions – have the personal data removed, have their processing limited and object to the processing of the personal data in question on the basis of Article 6.1.
- To exercise the above rights, we ask the tenant to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. He/she has the right to object free of charge to any processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- These Terms and Conditions cannot affect the rights that the tenant has as a consumer under Belgian regulations.
- The rights and obligations of ‘De Drie Koningen’ under this agreement may be transferred by ‘De Drie Koningen’.
- ‘De Drie Koningen’ reserves the right to amend and revise these General Terms and Conditions on a regular basis.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not render the invalid or unenforceable terms of any other term or of the entirety of the Terms and Conditions.
- The General Terms and Conditions have been drawn up in accordance with Belgian law. The competent courts in Bruges will settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with these General Terms and Conditions.